Pages read: 637
Books finished: 3
Blogs discovered: 12
Snacking: Candy, some homebaked goods
Drinks: 4½ glasses of water, 1 glass of wine, 2 cups of coffee, 1 banana-strawberry smoothie, 1 beer, 1 coke, 1 liter of tea, 1/4 glass of milk, 1 Fanta Exotic
End of event meme:
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I got my sleep, so none…
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I think Marian Keyes is an author that’d be good for the readathon.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? I was very happy with the way it worked out this time!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The fact that I didn’t have to spend time dealing with captcha because the cheering took place on Twitter this time around. And the Twitter hosts did an amazing job as well!
- How many books did you read? I started and finished 2, finished another that I had started prior to the readathon and started one as well.
- What were the names of the books you read? I started and finished Barndommens gade and Er du okay, Marie?, and I finished up Unchanged (Unremembered #3). The book I started was The Paris Wife.
- Which book did you enjoy most? They were all 3 star reads to me… Probably Er du okay, Marie? – because it was such an easy read!
- Which did you enjoy least? That’d be the Danish classic Barndommens gade, because it took me a long time to get used to the writing style.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I’ll most definitely participate, cheer and host another mini-challenge!
13.57: I just put my book down. I read 39 pages of The Paris Wife and am enjoying it so much! I can’t believe it’s over already! It was so much fun! I think this relaxed way of doing the readathon suits me better than reading, reading, reading. Only took me five times to figure that out lol!
11.26: I read another book (Er du okay, Marie?) and it was okay. I was listening to an emo playlist to get in the mood It was good fun. Now I’m about to start The Paris Wife – I need me some Hemingway! I’m also about to go grab a piece of bread and after that, I’ll definitely bring out the candy! I also think I’ll go visit some more blogs How are you doing? Have you discovered some great new blogs?
8.54: I’ve been up for about 1½ hour, and I’m having so much fun over at Twitter. I’m having a cup of coffee and am about to start reading again. I gotta say, I love doing the readathon this way, with focus on the social gatherings. It’s so much fun!
22.15: I started and finished my second book, Barndommens gade, which was 211 pages long. Now it’s time to go discover a couple of new blogs before heading to bed I’m having so much fun!
18.22: We’re 4½ hours into the readathon and I’ve finished up my first book, which was Unchanged (Unremembered #3). It wasn’t as good as the first two books, but I liked the endning. Next up is a book for my bookclub, Barndommens gade. It’s 211 pages long so I should be able to finish it tonight as well. Be sure to step by my mini challenge here – there’s still time left to enter!
13.32: It smells like coffee in here I just folded the laundry (okay, no, I got my boyfriend to do it) and did the dishes. I’m as ready as can be. Now it’s time for the opening meme!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m reading from the northern of Denmark. Some parts had snow (!!!) this morning, but up here the sun is shining and it’s the loveliest spring weather.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Since I didn’t make a tbr pile this time around, I can’t really answer this question. I plan to finish two books though. I’m really excited about “The Edge of Always”, I hope it’ll be just as good as the first book was – so far I really like it.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? This one’s easy: smoothie! Going with the classic strawberry-banana smoothie. Also, candy!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m 26 and I have an addiction. I just like to own books. Sure, I like to read as well, but I can’t keep up with all the books coming my way. I’m sure some of you can relate to that, right? This is my fifth official readathon, and I hope it won’t be my last.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’ll focus on the social things this time around. If I don’t read at all, that’s perfectly fine! I’m just gonna go have fun and meet some new friends.
Pre-readathon: “I’m not gonna do the readathon this time around”, is what I said. Due to personal reasons, I really didn’t think I’d do it until a few days ago. But here I am. Doing the readathon that I said I wouldn’t do. I’ll do it differently this time around though. For me, it’ll be more about the social aspects than the reading. I haven’t made a tbr pile. I haven’t made any goals for my reading. What I have done is buy snacks
My goals for the readathon is to visit at least 10 new-to-me blogs and cheer a lot (Go #TeamSparrow!). Oh. And I have a shopping basket full of books that I intend to buy as well at some point during this readathon. I can’t wait to get started and make some new friends.
I’ll be updating this post regurlarly, so be sure to stop by every now and then You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram (I’ll be hosting a mini challenge at Hour 3 btw) and Snapchat (boghundendk).